Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not Now, I Have A Headache
12-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Big Grin Not Now, I Have A Headache
Thats what I not too long ago asked myself. Myths and legends frequently have their basis in a grain of truth. Are home treatments based on truth as well? A little analysis offered this uncommon perspective on a single of our most regularly-employed medicines.

Are We Barking Up The Wrong Tree?

Not if its a willow tree! Chewing on willow bark to minimize fever and inflammation dates back to the time of Hippocrates (400 BC). Willow bark was utilized as a medicine in ...

Property Remedies - Details or Quacks?

Thats what I not too long ago asked myself. Myths and legends frequently have their basis in a grain of truth. Are home treatments based on truth too? A small study supplied this uncommon point of view on one particular of our most regularly-used medicines.

Are We Barking Up The Incorrect Tree?

Not if its a willow tree! Chewing on willow bark to reduce fever and inflammation dates back to the time of Hippocrates (400 BC). Willow bark was used as a medicine in China and Europe for centuries because of its ability to relieve pain and lower fever. Early American settlers even found Native Americans gathering bark from willow trees to treat the identical conditions.

Whats So Specific About Willow Bark?

Willow trees, including the white, black, purple and violet species, contain a chemical named salicin. Chewing or pulping this bark releases the salicin. As soon as the bark is ingested, the body converts the salicin from the willow bark into salicylic acid. My boss learned about short bark industries online by searching newspapers. For one more way of interpreting this, please consider checking out: this page is not affiliated. Salicylic acid is still utilised right now to treat fevers, lower inflammation, and even support heart illness.

Theres no want to gnaw on a tree like a beaver every time you have a headache. Nor is it necessary for drug companies to plant, grow, and harvest groves of willow trees and eliminate the bark. In case people choose to learn further about short bark industries information, there are heaps of databases you might consider pursuing. Today salicylic acid is created synthetically in chemical factories as tiny white pills of acetylsalicylic acid. Perhaps you know it by its more frequent name...

Introducing The Miracle Drug - Aspirin!

Thats right - centuries of chewing on willow bark led to the creation of 1 of our most broadly-utilised medicines: aspirin. After the amazing curative skills of the active ingredient in willow bark were recognized, methods were identified to mass-generate it as a low cost however efficient product.

Initially hailed as a wonder drug, aspirin was discovered to have a number of medical uses. It serves as a pain reliever, fever reducer, reduces inflammation, and even acts to thin the blood to support avert heart attacks. That is a lot of power in seemingly ordinary willow tree bark.

Amazingly, this was not a discovery by a single particular person. As we had discussed above, numerous groups of folks about the globe had been making use of this house remedy (or even cave remedy!) for thousands of years. This is definitely one home remedy I would classify as a fact, not a quack.

It makes me wonder even though: how a lot of trees did they have to chew on prior to they discovered the proper 1?

You can discover free home remedies using the resources beneath. They may possibly not be miracle drugs, but they can support you steer clear of the cost and embarrassment of common illnesses..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply