Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joined In: Simple Advertising Errors
12-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Big Grin Joined In: Simple Advertising Errors
> I'm using Linked-in to maintain with my professional contacts and help them with introductions. Since you are one of the people I recommend, I wanted to invite you to gain access to my network o-n Linked-in.

>

> Basic account is free, and it takes less than a second to register and join my network.

I've received above 35 invitations similar to this, phrased almost exactly the same way. The senders have acted surprise...

Like me, have you received e-mail announcements like these?

> I'm using Linked-in to keep up with my professional contacts and help them with introductions. Should people hate to identify new information on http://www.neil-camenker.com/, we recommend tons of online libraries you should pursue. Discover further on an affiliated link - Click here: http://neilcamenkerbusiness.com. Because you're one of many people I recommend, I wanted to ask you to get into my community o-n LinkedIn.

>

> Basic membership is free, and it requires less when compared to a second to register and join my network.

I've received more than 3-5 invitations such as this, worded almost precisely the same manner. The senders have acted hurt and astonished that I did not jump to reap the benefits of this request.

Let us look at the problems within this invitation from the marketing standpoint.

* The vast majority of the invitations I received were from people whose names I didn't recognize. Why would I desire to be part of their community? The request doesn't say how I would take advantage of their network and who they are, who they have access to.

* What is Linked In, how can it work and what're the benefits of using it? Nobody has yet explained this clearly within their invitation. You can't expect that some one receiving this invitation understands what you're asking them to join or how it would be good for them. It would be useful to have a paragraph or two explaining how it works and mentioning a particular result the individual behind the request experienced from membership. It could be that people assume that since 'basic account is free,' the normal individual with this invitation will proceed and join. But even when it will not charge money, time would be taken by joining. We learned about here's the site by browsing Bing. You still require to 'sell' people o-n taking a free activity, particularly with respect to a task or business which may be unfamiliar to them.

* No one got time to head off possible misunderstandings or objections to this membership. As a non-member of Linked-in, I'm concerned that joining would open me up to a lot of e-mail and telephone calls that would spend my time and where I would have no interest. Again, you can not think that some thing free is thus enticing; you need to imagine why somebody could have questions or dismiss the idea and handle those objections.

* Using a processed invitation that's almost the same as everyone else's doesn't produce a good feeling. You'd want to give your own personal stamp to it, even when the written text given by Linked-in were successful, which it is not. Discover more about worth reading by browsing our dynamite encyclopedia.

Besides being irritated that they are apparently encouraging visitors to send invitations that make little sense, I have nothing against Linked In. Perhaps it is a good organization. My position is that its members must use common sense and fundamental marketing maxims to promote active, cynical people-to give it a chance..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply